Posted on 17 February 2014
Digital Designer at SquizAt Squiz you will work with some of the world's leading companies to deliver engaging and compelling online experiences. We are now seeking an experienced and talented Mid-weight Digital Designer to join our fun and dynamic team based in Shoreditch, London.
You will design creative mock-ups and provide visual solutions based on client requirements and Squiz standards.
The role will be based within a small UX team, working alongside a UI developer and Animator/Illustrator.
As a Digital Designer you will be reporting into Head of UX on responsive websites, mobile/tablet applications and digital products.
Other duties include new business conceptual work and internal re-branding work.
The client base you will be working on will vary across education, government, technology and betting.
- Designing user interfaces for a wide variety of mobile and tablet experiences, for mobile-optimised sites.
- Ensure quality and prepare deliverables for handoff to developers and clients.
- Capable of thinking at a conceptual level.
- Translating client needs from a basic specification of requirements to a creative and business- focused design – mainly on large web builds.
- Providing direction to developers as and when appropriate and proactively taking part in QA processes.
- Have a proven track record of creating responsive user centric designs for various devices including mobile, tablet, desktop.
- Manage project timescales, working to strict deadlines and budget requirements
- Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of industry experience
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail is a must.
- A solid working knowledge of the latest versions of applicable programs - Mac OS, Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Word, Powerpoint, Keynote.
- Passion for design and eagerness to collaborate with other creative people
- Self motivated, organised and accountable
- Strong creative design skills and conceptual ideas.
- An understanding of UX principles and usability/accessibility best practice for the web
- A strong portfolio of quality design work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and appreciation for strong teamwork ethic.
- Relevant University degree or qualification would be advantageous or equivalent commercial experience within
Squiz is a technology-led digital company, which continues to push the boundaries. We are growing quickly, employing over 300 people globally with 50 people in our London office. Although we're large enough to engage the biggest and best customers, we are small enough to have a start-up feel. Our success means that our staff have access to varied and exciting career paths.
Applications: please send through a CV and a link to your online portfolio.
How to ApplyTo apply email email@example.com
**Applications: please send through a CV and a link to your online portfolio.**