Posted on 14 February 2014
Bed & Bath Buyer at MADE.COMWHO WE ARE
At MADE.COM we believe that everyone should have access to great design. So we’ve taken a unique approach to making and selling furniture - no middlemen, no agents or importers and no high street stores. Instead we work directly with designers and manufacturers so we can offer high-end furniture/homewares products at up to 70% off the high street prices.
It’s not an easy task – and it takes a creative and dedicated team to make it happen. Everyone has an important part to play in our Product department. We combine our individual passions and skills to create innovative work that’s as exciting and unconventional as the business itself. It’s a place where all ideas are listened to, where brainstorming means job titles get left at the door and where a self-starter can really make their mark.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
Development and Management of Made.com Bed & Bath offer and strategy
- Constantly analyzing market demand and competition in order to visualize and build the best possible Bed & Bath offer, with a focus on projects with the highest potential success rate in terms of matching market demand and creating new trends.
- Work with the Head of Product Department on setting up ambitious targets and develop long, mid and short terms strategies to identify, design and develop, source and release best-selling Bed & Bath products, including the right mix of external collaboration, internal developments and off-the-shelf re-designs.
- Follow up the performance of your collections and new releases in order to adapt the structure of our catalogue and redefine very quickly our design, development and sourcing strategies.
Design and Product Development
- You will be seeking and developing ranges with external designers, internal designers, and/or directly with our manufacturers. This will involve coordinating the relationships and managing the process from drawings to prototype and beyond, including:
- Working directly with the manufacturer and / or our sourcing office when necessary to ensure that the products are perfectly chosen and engineered to ensure the best possible cost price, retail price and margin, following company policy and targets;
- Ensuring that the product development / sourcing process is as quick and efficient as possible, in order to ensure extremely fast time to market;
- Ensuring that all technical details are present and quality standards are delivered on time in order for Made.com to be able to release your collection and place orders for them.
- You’ll have a responsibility in the turnover and profitability of your ranges, customer feedback & the quality performance of your ranges - and will be working on improving their quality and pricing level both in the mid and long terms.
- You’ll have a direct input on building and challenging an efficient workflow and set of procedure that fits our flexible business model and helps you achieve your objectives.
Sourcing & Suppliers Management
- Liaising with our existing supplier’s network, negotiating contracts and working with them on a daily basis to keep developing new product ranges.
- Taking an active part in sourcing and building relationships with new suppliers, and ensuring Made.com is partnering directly with the right manufacturers, where possible in the longer term without the need of agents or traders, and with a key focus on pricing, quality of manufacturing and quality of service.
- Being responsible for monitoring our suppliers’ progress, negotiating the best possible prices from Made.com quality standards.
- Travelling to visit new and existing suppliers will be a key part of the role and you will be expected to do this every 6-8 weeks. You will deal with a wide range of designers, our in-house teams and manufacturers to develop one of the best homewares ranges on the market
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Commercial acumen and a passion for the sector and its products
- Good textiles technical skills and understanding of products manufacturing & processes
- Perfect knowledge of all Textiles related regulations, including market specific ones, Fire Retardant, Toy regulations for Kid’s, etc
- An understanding of what motivates customers to buy individual products
- Extensive past experience in Direct buying roles, Product development and Category management in the Home/Textiles industry
- Confidence combined with negotiating, influencing and networking skills
- Exceptional team working and leadership skills
- Creativity and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to make major decisions
- Strong customer focus
- Numeracy and IT skills
WHAT WE OFFER
- A unique opportunity to make a real difference in the homewares industry
- A fast-paced, creative and fun office environment
- Generous employee benefits package including private healthcare
- Great opportunities to make the role your own and get involved with exciting projects
- Hot and cold drinks and snacks provided in the office – including fruit for the healthy people as well as toast and company favourites Marmite and Nutella.
- Regular work drinks and events – from cinema trips to parties in our Ninth Floor Showroom
Up your street? Send your CV, notice period and salary expectations to email@example.com for the opportunity to join our team in the heart of Notting Hill.