Posted on 13 February 2014
Web Designer at RidgewayAre you an ambitious and creative Web Designer with strong digital design skills and good responsive design knowledge?
We’re looking for a Web Designer to create high quality designs for some great brands within a fast-moving agency. It is essential that you have a strong portfolio of design work– please don’t forget to send it to us along with your CV.
You should have recent experience of designing user-centric web sites for clients – preferably at another web agency and you should ideally have a good understanding of current user interface design techniques.
This is a challenging, varied and rewarding design role offering great opportunities for career progression.
Essential skills & experience
The ideal candidate will...
- Have at least two years’ experience of web design in an agency role or within a commercial organisation.
- Be able to demonstrate a portfolio of relevant work which should ideally include designs for commercial, brand-conscious web sites
- Have good working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or Sketch and ideally Adobe Illustrator. Some experience with Adobe InDesign would also be an advantage.
- Have demonstrable experience of designing for HTML/CSS and to web standards.
- Be organised, self-motivated and ambitious with a desire to design user-centric, commercial web sites with a view to progressing to a more senior role.
About the role
The role will require you to work on all manner of projects which vary in size from small design changes of a few hours, to large scale design projects of several months.
You’ll be working within our design team and alongside our development, project teams and marketing to deliver work for some of our 70+ clients.
It will be a varied role which helps you gain experience of the full design project lifecycle within a web agency. There will be plenty of opportunities for you to demonstrate your skills, develop as a designer and progress your career in a thriving, ever-changing industry.
Ridgeway is a vibrant, friendly and engaging place to work. We’re growing quickly and this is an excellent opportunity to join us and work on some great projects for fabulous clients.
How to ApplyEmail your CV and a covering letter, giving specific details of how your skills and experience fit the essential criteria, to firstname.lastname@example.org marked for the attention of Rachael Green.
In order to consider your application, we must receive the following:
Portfolio / list of your work (if not contained within your CV)
Your salary expectations
If you are not a British Citizen or if you are not a citizen of one of the European Economic Area (EEA) countries you will also need to send evidence of your right to work in the UK.
We aim to acknowledge all expressions of interest within one month but we will only reply if you send us all of the above required details.