Posted on 13 February 2014
Digital Designer at Hearst Magazines UKABOUT US
Hearst Magazines UK publishes some of the World’s biggest and most recognisable magazines including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Men’s Health, Harper’s Bazaar and Esquire.
In addition we publish some of the World’s highest traffic web properties including Digitalspy.co.uk and Handbag.com
The New Business Development team is responsible for Hearst Magazines diversified interests including eCommerce, Travel, Financial Services, Book Publishing and Home Shopping.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
Hearst Magazines UK provides a unique opportunity for a highly skilled graduate to enter the print and online publishing sector.
We offer unrivalled training opportunities and the potential for progression. As well as exciting opportunities from the start there is chance to expand the responsibilities of the role as you grow.
We are keen to nurture the right candidate and provide a strong foundation of knowledge and experience.
You should have an outstanding online portfolio you can share with us.
You thrive on a challenge and are able to think creatively and strategically at the same time. You should be an adept communicator able to explain your creative decisions clearly.
Be passionate about your work but not too precious to be offended at criticism
You should know how to use the Adobe Creative Suite products and have excellent understand of HTML, HTML5. Your coding should always be prefect and glitch free.
Experience of responsive design although not a necessity (as training can be given) would be preferable
In addition, you should be able to design for the printed page, you will be able to ingest and understand the brand guidelines for a wide variety of printed magazines ranging from Reveal to Harper’s Bazaar.
You should be:
- enthusiastic about what you/we do
- motivated and full of ideas
- eager to learn and able to listen
- enigmatic and presentable, comfortable discussing your ideas with interns or editors.
- Design & build emails using a variety of tools including Dreamweaver and Photoshop.
- Design print pages for in magazine
- Produce new HTML templates (preferably device responsive)
- Design from scratch - with or without a wireframe
- Design, code and host basic web pages - from concept to completion
- Understanding web hosting on online servers and libraries
- Familiar with working on several brands simultaneously
- Familiar with the Apple iTunes storefront for updating covers and promos as needed
- Set-up and test email campaign using an ESP
- Fluent in Photoshop and all Creative Suite
- Work with the ESP to ensure that email best practice is being followed
- Assist with adhoc email marketing projects where needed.
- Experience of working in a fast-moving entrepreneurial environment
- Stay abreast of competitor email activity