Posted on 13 February 2014
Senior Interface Designer at AcknowledgementWho we are
We are a hungry company with huge ambitions and a super talented team. We have an exciting client base and work on a wide range of projects. Our team is growing fast and so we’re on the lookout for a Senior Interface Designer to join our passionate team in the heart of London’s digital hub.
Why you’d enjoy working here
As one of the Senior Interface Designers at Acknowledgement you will be leading a variety of web, social and mobile application projects.
We always want to get the best out of our designers – so you’d enjoy working with us if you want to use the full range of your skills within our fully integrated team and with our clients. If you do have strength in a specific area, we also like to encourage personal growth and development of your key skills.
If, like us, you’re passionate about user centric web and mobile application design, enjoy all aspects of the design process and can confidently present your work to others, keep reading.
We also have a nice benefits package on offer.
You’d be in charge of
- Researching, planning and designing sites and applications for desktop, tablet and mobile. Taking a concept from a blank piece of paper through to full execution.
- Meeting with clients to understand their needs and propose new, innovative creative solutions and ideas.
- Writing responses to new projects, together with the other teams (Tech, Digital Solutions and Client Services).
- Presenting your interface design and discussing your rationale, while recording client feedback and ensuring it is translated into an interface they will love.
- Reading, researching, going to conferences, workshops and groups to keep up with current web technologies and interface trends.
- Overseeing the output of more junior team members, providing support and assistance where needed.
You should have these things
- Minimum five years’ commercial experience in a designer / interface designer role with lots and lots of evidence of great and intuitive interface and interaction design, preferably within a busy agency or startup style environment.
- Ability to come up with creative and usable interface concepts against any client brief.
- A demonstrable passion for all aspects of design with a strong portfolio and personal project work.
- Expert in all standard design software packages, especially Photoshop and Illustrator. Flash is a bonus.
- Client-facing experience, the ability to confidently present concepts.
- Excellent understanding of web and mobile design best practice including usability, information architecture and accessibility compliance standards.
- Experience in designing for mobile interfaces, social platforms, eCommerce, Flash advertising and conversion driven design.
- Ability to plan information architecture and produce wireframes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and organisation skills.
- Knowledge of the latest trends in digital marketing – including responsive design, adaptive design and design for mobile in general.