Posted on 10 February 2014
Senior Interior Designer at Shaun Clarkson IDAn exciting small interior design firm and consultancy based in London’s Shoreditch, specialising in boutique projects across the board including, bars, nightclubs, restaurant, residential & hotel design, are seeking an ambitious, creative, organised and authoritative Senior Interior Designer to work on a range of innovative projects from small private clients to high profile international brands.
Supporting the design team, this person will be fully immersed at all levels of the design process on a daily basis managing the projects from a design side.
Functions of the Senior Interior Designer will include:
- Design, manage and implement multiple projects simultaneously
- Attending, hosting and coordinating department meetings
- Collaborating with other departments including production and accounts
- Delegating and reviewing team assignments and their delivery
- Time management; scheduling of work and planning workload for team in conjunction with the production department daily and weekly
- Developing, preparing, analysing and reviewing budgets and other financial reports
- Guiding and motivating fellow employees
- Creating innovative designs and presentations
- Meeting and managing client expectations
- Ensuring design quality is to a good standard and that design directives are followed
Experience of more than 5 years working as an Interior designer is essential. The candidate must be able to ensure that work is delivered in a timely fashion and aligns with the expectations of the rest of the company and clients.
The position will have significant responsibility to manage and coordinate the design and operational side of multiple projects running concurrently, ability to multi task is a must. The successful candidate must have experience working within a small company, running a design team in hospitality and residential design.
A portfolio of work is necessary to show creative skills. Proficiency of Vectorworks for drawing and Adobe programmes for presentation is a must. A comprehensive understanding of construction technology, FF&E knowledge and high-end joinery and detailing is imperative. Be proficient or at least have knowledge of 3D visualisation software.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication and English language skills both written and oral, be flexible and dependable, be able to deliver quality projects consistently, be able to resolve issues in a timely manner, effective supervisory and organisational skills, with an ability to delegate, be decisive, be able to lead teams, coordinate with our production team, be able to motivate self and team members and have great client facing skills. The ideal candidate will come from a small agency background.
Candidates must live within easy commute to our offices and must be available immediately.
How to ApplyPlease email your up to date CV & Portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the position applied for in the email subject. Please also indicate your desired salary.
Strictly no phone calls. Strictly no agencies.
We will contact only successful candidates with relevant experience. If you do not hear from us within a week from sending your CV please assume your application was not successful at this time.