Posted on 5 February 2014
Mamas & Papas is a multi-channelled, premium, international business with an expansion plan aimed at fulfilling our mission - to be the number one global nursery brand. Our online contribution is increasing at a significant pace and in order to maximise this potential we are looking to recruit a talented, enthusiastic and innovative Web Designer.
Working closely with our marketing and creative departments your main responsibility will be to produce innovative and exciting web designs to support our trading calendar, online advertising campaigns and new season product launches, you will also be designing our CRM, Product and Sale/Offer focussed e-mail marketing campaigns.
Sitting within our existing Web Development team reporting to the Web Development Manager, this role will offer an excellent opportunity to show off your creativity and flair and will give you the chance to make a real impact on a quality and design lead brand!
You will have gained experience within a retail commercial design/development environment and be able to demonstrate your proven ability and creative flair for web design through your portfolio. The ability to work effectively both as a team and as an individual is essential, coupled with a keen eye for detail and excellent time management skills.
First class communication skills and a genuine interest and passion in what you do are a must! Your skills in typography, layout and colour, amazing eye for detail and alignment as well as a solid understanding of designing to accessibility and usability standards will contribute to your success. A proven track record in developing conceptual designs through to presenting your ideas/designs to key stakeholders for approval is essential.
- Strong front end web design experience and commercial experience
- Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Flash and ActionScript
- Working knowledge of HTML and W3C standards.
- Understanding of web usability, customer journey and optimising conversions.
- Ability to code designs utilising CSS (including thorough knowledge of cross-browser compatibility issues)
- Ability to produce conceptual designs to a high standard
- Experience working with and applying brand guidelines
- Ability to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
How to ApplyTo apply to our inhouse Resourcing team, email:
Please include your cv and a link to a portfolio or attach a pdf