Posted on 4 February 2014
Web Designer at CEWE Color LimitedAre you an experienced and motivated Web Designer with a passion for digital? Does the thought of producing digital creative for a highly successful, award winning ecommerce website excite you? As Web Designer and a key member of the online team, you will bring exciting ideas and new ways of thinking to projects, with full involvement in planning, information architecture and design.
We’re looking for a talented Web Designer to take a lead role in developing creative for one of our fastest growing direct-to-consumer websites. Working on multiple projects, the successful candidate will be responsible for all elements of the creative process, transforming briefs into impressive and appealing, market-focused designs. They will present their ideas to stakeholders within the business and work closely with the online and ecommerce teams to push the website forward. The Web Designer will also be responsible for ensuring that CEWE PHOTOBOOK brand guidelines are complied with and executed to a high standard.
Applicants must have:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in digital design, preferably in an ecommerce environment
- Strong CSS and HTML skills
- Extensive knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- A talent for UX and UI planning and design, with relevant prototyping skills
- A highly polished design offering and solid personal style, whilst maintaining the ability to execute different creative design styles
- Strong interpersonal and teamworking skills
- The ability to present creative ideas clearly, succinctly and passionately
- Excellent attention to detail
- A positive, proactive and flexible approach, with the ability to react quickly and work under pressure
- An unquenchable desire to learn and improve skill set
Knowledge of SEO best practice is also desirable but not essential.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
CEWE is Europe’s leading photo and online print service. With 12 high-tech production sites and more than 3,000 employees across 24 European countries, the USA, Canada and South Africa, we've long been at the forefront of pioneering product innovations and technological developments in the digital world.
Our UK operation, based in Warwick in the Midlands, consists of a state-of-the-art processing laboratory and office facilities. We employ around 70 members of staff in the UK in a wide range of production and office-based roles – from ecommerce, sales and marketing experts, to customer support staff and machine operatives. Our people are highly motivated and energetic and share our passion for making more out of our customers’ cherished photos.
Come and join us and experience an exciting and evolving industry driven by consumer demand and technological advances!